Why Should You Use Microsoft Lists in Your Business?
Are you looking for a hassle-free solution to help you work efficiently from virtually anywhere including your home office? Discover why Microsoft Lists is the go-to app for remote businesses looking to increase their productivity across the United States.
Read more about Microsoft Lists at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-lists
If the shift towards the cloud era was a slow march before, the recent pandemic has turned it into a full-on sprint. COVID-19 restrictions have forced business owners worldwide to look for cloud-based solutions to help them settle into the emerging “work from home” culture.
One productivity tool that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Microsoft’s online service: Office 365. However, despite having several handy apps and services, in this article, we shed light on a fairly recent addition to the Office 365 suite: Microsoft Lists.
If you’re not quite up to speed, keep reading to find out what Microsoft’s latest addition has to offer your business.
What is Microsoft Lists?
Rather than first state what it is, let’s begin by stating what it isn’t. Although the app’s name might evoke list-making thoughts, Microsoft Lists isn’t yet another tasks or to-do solution. In fact, Microsoft has task management services for that purpose, such as To-Do and Microsoft Planner. There is definitely some degree of overlap, to be fair, but Lists, being a fresh addition, comes with far greater functionality.
Microsoft Lists is an Office 365 application that allows users to create and manage lists of information using various template-based presentation styles, rules, and alerts. It’s essentially an evolution of a SharePoint feature that most Office 365 subscribers might already be familiar with, also called Lists. However, the new stand-alone app was rolled out earlier this summer and has a few new bells and whistles.
Where Can You Get Microsoft Lists? Like other Office 365 apps, you can easily find Microsoft Lists is on the App launcher in the Office 365 portal. And you don’t have to worry about missing its groovy, 70s style icon!
Why Use Microsoft Lists?
- You’ll Enjoy Greater Efficiency: Take a moment and try and think about all the activities taking place at your workplace at any given time. It’s probably enough to make your head spin, right? Some days, it can seem almost impossible to stay on top of your workload. Luckily, Microsoft Lists is just the right organizational tool for the job. Because you deal with a wide range of projects, clients, partners, employees, and so on, coordinating and managing your tasks can become overwhelming. Microsoft Lists brings order to the chaos to keep your workplace operating at optimum efficiency.
- You Get a Tailored Set Up: When you begin your Microsoft Lists journey, you’ll be presented with the option to either select an existing template or create your own. This allows you to develop a template that is perfectly suited to your unique needs. Your list will work much like Excel. You’ll be able to key in list items, create automation and rules. This automation will go as far as sending reminders and emails to employees, helping you save time. What’s more, unlike Excel, Microsoft Lists also offers calendar and gallery views. A calendar view makes it much easier to keep track of deadlines and plan tasks effectively.
- You Can Seamlessly Integrate Microsoft Lists With Other Apps: Being a Microsoft application, Lists integrates smoothly with other Office 365 apps. This means data tracking is effortless and efficient. Lists’ integration with Microsoft Teams is incredibly convenient as it enables users to access every element from Teams directly. Because everything’s centralized, there is less back and forth between applications, which in turn helps you save a lot of time.
- Lists is Free for Office 365 Subscribers: Provided your organization has an Office 365 business subscription, you don’t need to pay any extra charges to access Microsoft Lists. Microsoft provides this powerful tool absolutely free as part of its Office 365 suite.
Looking to Leverage Microsoft Lists and Scale Your Business?
Our experienced Office 365 specialists at K² Technologies are eager to help you leverage Microsoft Lists to take your remote work productivity to the next level.
Want to learn more about how you can leverage Microsoft Lists to scale your U.S. based business? Call K² Technologies immediately.
(307) 200-7552 | Speak With Our Online Chat Team.