Saving Time by Using Quick Steps in Microsoft Outlook
Keyboard shortcuts are a great way to help move through tasks faster. However, they are not your only resource. In Microsoft Outlook, there is also a process called Quick Steps that allows you to move through your tasks faster.
Where to Find Quick Steps
When you are in Outlook, look in the ribbon at the top. Go to the home tab, and near the middle, you will see quick steps.
What’s In Quick Steps
There are several default options listed in Quick Steps. They include moving to a folder, send to manager, and creating a message for a team. There are many more options you can create to do whatever you need.
Benefits of Quick Steps
- You decide when to use them
- You can create your own
- You can delete the ones you don’t need
How to Create a Set of Quick Steps
- Once in the Quick Steps Menu, select create new.
- Decide on a name for your Quick Step based on what it will do.
- Next, choose which task you want this Quick Step to do.
- If there is a second action you want to be completed after the first, you will add this next.
- You can add as many actions as needed.
- If it is a task you will be doing a lot, you can assign a shortcut key in the menu as well.
Managing Quick Steps
- Go to the Quick Steps menu under the home tab of the ribbon.
- Scroll down until you see “manage quick steps” and click on it.
- You then have multiple options of ways to manage your Quick Steps.
- Move the Quick Steps in your list up or down
- Edit your Quick Steps
- Duplicate a Quick Step
- Delete a Quick Step
At K² Technologies, we can help with your Microsoft needs. Contact us today for more information.