Are you looking for a better cloud solution?
A well-chosen and properly implemented cloud solution can make all the difference for a business – as was the case with Wealth Design Consulting, who trusted K² Technologies to equip them with a cloud solution they could thrive with (Microsoft Office 365) and help them avoid the usual business “growing pains”.
Wealth Design Consulting is a financial advising company, operating as an offshoot of their estate planning and law office. A family-owned business, Wealth Design Consulting assist their clients in managing and growing their financial assets.
Why does Wealth Design Consulting need a Wyoming IT Company?
Now in business for well over two decades, Wealth Design Consulting has dealt with the gamut of challenges that all businesses go through in that time – sometimes referred to as “growing pains”.
“We’ve had growing pains as technology advances,” says Jennifer Cook of Wealth Design Consulting. “We’ve had people that need to work remotely out of the office, more conveniently – Dan [and K² Technologies] has helped us develop methods that make that easier.”
Whether it was the need to add remote access capabilities (Wealth Design Consulting currently works out of Colorado and Laramie) or to update their IT as a whole to keep in line with trends and client demands, it’s all a part of doing business.
But that doesn’t mean it’s easy to do on their own.
Fortunately for the team at Wealth Design Consulting, they always had someone on hand to help make sure that their IT was prepared to handle the changes their business was undergoing.
How did Wealth Design Consulting connect with K² Technologies?
“In some fashion, we have worked with Dan for over 20 years,” says Jennifer.
As a long time contact of the Cook family, K² Technologies was in touch from the very beginning to help keep their IT operational and scaled to Wealth Design Consulting as it grew.
“We’ve known Dan King for 25 years, and when he went into business, he told us about his company and what he could offer,” says Jennifer. “We really didn’t find anyone else in the southeast Wyoming region that could help us, and Dan offered and has provided great service for us throughout the years”
What has K² Technologies done for Wealth Design Consulting?
“Dan has grown with our business – there haven’t really been pain points because Dan has been there,” says Jennifer.
Over the two decades of service that K² Technologies has delivered to Wealth Design Consulting, they have done a lot to maintain IT operations and match their infrastructure to their growing size – from just a couple computers to the fully cloud-based set up they have now.
On that note – the most significant recent IT project that K² Technologies managed for Wealth Design Consulting was the launch of their Microsoft Office 365 cloud platform.
How has Microsoft Office 365 changed Wealth Design Consulting?
Over the past few years, productivity suites have become more and more popular with businesses of all sizes, in a wide and varied range of industries. It’s the type of solution that has something to offer everyone.
Cloud-based technologies, in general, are changing the way businesses view the capabilities of their technology – especially Microsoft Office 365.
For Wealth Design Consulting, it provides a range of advantages, including:
- Easy Compatibility & Remote Access – Office 365 is available on any platform Wealth Design Consulting needs, whether it’s a laptop, a phone, or their tablets. Their staff members working in outside of the office can easily access and update data on their work and clients through their mobile devices, instead of calling in or coming back to the office.
- Microsoft Teams – A meeting and workplace collaboration app, Microsoft Teams allows Wealth Design Consulting staff members to easily keep in touch with each other, share vital work files, and more. Microsoft Teams is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Office 365 many apps and functions, meaning that users can access all files and any Office programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and OneNote. In addition, the app features integration with Power Bl, SharePoint and Planner Intelligence using Microsoft Graph – this eliminates the usual extra steps that would come in working between multiple applications (such as an email client, file storage, and other necessary line of business programs).
- OneDrive For Business – OneDrive is like a cloud-based version of the “My Documents” folder that users have come to rely on with their PCs for years. When a document is created, or a user needs to open up one from the past, it’ll likely be stored in “My Documents” (ideally, organized a few sub-folders down). With OneDrive, it’s the same idea, but instead of being stored in “My Documents” on the local work server, it’s stored offsite in the cloud, which means it can be accessed in the same way from a home office, while the users are on the way to work, or even while they’re away traveling for business. It even offers an offline sync engine so that users can keep working when they’re disconnected from the Internet.
- Preferred Applications In The Cloud – Microsoft Office 365 compiles the best features of the range of Microsoft solutions in a cloud-based environment and offer businesses new and exciting ways to make use of those features. In a nutshell, Microsoft Office 365 takes the Microsoft programs that Wealth Design Consulting has been using for many years, like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, and combines them with the flexibility and accessibility of the cloud.
- Confident Security – Microsoft Office 365 is a security-hardened service with enterprise-grade security measures built directly into the platform itself, offering world-class protection for the business’ mission-critical data and applications. These built-in measures include encryption, threat management, and monitoring, and exchange online protection.
The program also grants users like Wealth Consulting the ability to take a hands-on, unrestricted approach to secure their own environment, and manage users and user access. Microsoft Office 365 can also perform a key role in an effective Business Continuity plan, allowing you to restore files quickly and easily.
Microsoft Office 365 also offers 2FA (two-factor authentication), and an internal data center network that is completely segregated from the external network, making it an ideal solution for data backup and recovery. In short, Microsoft Office 365 offers a level of security and reliability that other cloud productivity solutions can’t match.
In other words, there is a lot that Microsoft Office 365 has done for Wealth Design Consulting, and it’s only the beginning. As one of Microsoft’s flagship business services, Microsoft Office 365 will only continue to grow and improve for its users.
What should you look for in a Wyoming IT Company?
While your first thought may be to look for the IT company is Wyoming that just has the lowest rates, or the fastest response times, or something else entirely, we believe the real value of service can be pinpointed by one single question:
Does your IT company deliver what they promise?
Or have the services you signed up for been inconsistent, below your expectations, and generally underwhelming?
As for K² Technologies, you don’t have to take our word for it…
“They deliver on what they offer to us,” says Jennifer. “They seem to be able to give us what we need at the time, so it’s always been a pleasure working with them.”
Call The Microsoft Office 365 Specialists
To learn more about Microsoft Office 365 and the other services we provide, get in touch with K² Technologies at (307) 209-3447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.